COVID-19 Support for Businesses and Organizations
Posted on March 23,2020
Last updated: May 27, 2020
Businesses and organizations like yours help make up the heart of our downtown and the city of Rochester as a whole. In response to COVID-19, your business may be experiencing unexpected challenges. We at the Rochester Downtown Alliance are committed to providing as much support and timely updates as possible.
- Get updates on laws and policies
- Find local business coaching
The following organizations offer guidance on government relief programs, continuity, or other issues related to COVID-19:
- Seek local, state, and federal assistance
- Rochester, Minnesota business assistance programs and resources
- May 11, 2020 - Olmsted County Public Health is offering to be a resource to the Rochester business community and is providing recommendations for business and public safety in this letter to the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce.
- April 21, 2020 - Olmsted County Board of Commissioners approved a one-time temporary abatement of the penalty and interest for late property tax payments
- April 6, 2020 - Keep It Local Grant - Offers grants up to $2,000 for Rochester-based businesses who use a Rochester-based service provider to adapt to COVID-19
- April 3, 2020 - Rochester Area Foundation Together Fund grant for area nonprofits affected by COVID-19
- March 26, 2020 - City of Rochester information hotline available for your COVID-19 questions: Call 507‐328‐2822
- March 26, 2020 - Liquor license payment deferrals and contract parking suspension options available to businesses affected by COVID-19
- March 18, 2020 - The City of Rochester is allowing restaurants offering take-out options to designate up to two parking spaces in front of their businesses for customers. Contact Public Works for more information.
- March 16, 2020 - City of Rochester approval of funding for lessening the direct and immediate impact of COVID-19
- Rochester's Nonprofit Consortium is coordinating joint efforts to quickly respond to community needs. If your nonprofit organization, or a population you represent, is experiencing extraordinary challenges due to COVID-19, contact email@example.com to be connected to the group.
- State of Minnesota business and employee resources
- Federal business resources
- Non-government programs and grants
- Keep yourself and employees safe and informed
Stay up to date from the following credible, official sources so you can respond quickly to changes that could affect you, your employees, and/or your customers.
We are here for you when you need us. RDA is keeping our business listings updated weekly. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with updates. Find the listings on these pages:
For how to support the downtown community and city further, visit this blog here.