Brand Usage & Guidelines
Use the guidelines below to ensure compliance with Rochester Downtown Alliance logo usage policy and brand usage guidelines
Rochester Downtown Alliance Logotypes Usage Policy
This policy provides our requirements regarding use of the Rochester Downtown Alliance (“RDA”) logotypes (this includes but not limited to “Downtown Rochester MN” logo, its variants, and all RDA event logos and variants) available for use or download from the RDA website (or any other logos, slogans, copyrighted designs or other brand features of RDA obtained from the website or third-party channels) (“Logos”).
As the need to address future branding concerns arises, we may cancel, modify, or change the terms of this policy from time to time without notice to Logo user (“You”). You are responsible for complying with any modified terms, so please review this policy and become familiar with any modifications we publish.
The Logos are the sole and exclusive property of RDA. Your use of any Logo implies acceptance of, and agreement with, the terms of this policy. If you do not accept and agree to follow the rules for using the Logos as set out in this policy, you do not have the right to use the Logos and should not use them. Any use of the Logos not in compliance with this policy is not authorized. If you violate the rules set out in this policy, you must cease all use of all Logos, regardless of the uses otherwise allowed in this policy. Also, RDA reserves the right to revoke its approval of your use of the logos at any time.
Permission is granted to you to use the Logos only on the following conditions:
Rules for Using the Logos
You must comply with all of the following rules when using a Logo:
- Logos may only be used in marketing or other publicity materials for the benefit of RDA, in the United States, or otherwise with the permission of RDA
- Logos may not be used in any confusing way
- No Logo may be used in any way that suggests that RDA is affiliated with, sponsors, approves or endorses you, your organization, your websites, your products or your services, unless such a relationship exists, or without written permission by RDA
- No Logo may be used in any way that mischaracterizes any relationship between you and RDA
- Vendors may not use the Logos to advertise RDA or its businesses as clients on vendor websites and promotional pieces without our written permission by RDA
- All RDA Logos are distinctive, designed pieces of graphic artwork. The following usage guidelines must be followed:
- Do not modify or alter the Logos (examples below)
- Do not change scale, skew or rotate any Logo
- Do not change the design of any Logo
- Do not change or vary the colors of any Logo, except that the Logos may be all black or can be reversed out in white
- Avoid screening Logos to less than 100%
- Do not shrink any Logo to less than 1” in height
- Do not combine a Logo with any other design, trademark, graphic, text, or other elements, including your name, any trademarks or any generic terms
- No other design, trademark, text, graphic, or other elements may be placed closer to a Logo without first meeting the clear space requirements found in the RDA Brand Guidelines (see document)
- Logos may only be placed on solid backgrounds (preferably bright white) unless approved by RDA, and not over an image or pattern (unless approved by RDA), and no artistic effects (such as drop-shadows) may be applied (no exceptions)
- No Logo may be used or displayed in any of the following ways:
- In any manner that, in the sole discretion of RDA, discredits RDA or tarnishes its reputation and goodwill;
- In any manner that infringes, dilutes, depreciates the value, or impairs the rights of RDA in the Logos;
- In any manner that is false or misleading;
- In connection with any pornography, illegal activities, or other materials that are defamatory, libelous, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- In any manner that violates the trademarks, copyright, or any other intellectual property rights of others;
- In any manner that violates any law, regulations, or other public policy;
- In any manner as part of the name of a product or service of a company other than RDA
- All goodwill generated by the use of any Logo inures to the benefit of RDA. You may not assert rights to any Logo whether by trademark registration, domain name registration or anything else.
- You must, upon request from RDA, provide samples of any materials that include the Logos for purposes of determining compliance with this policy.
- You must make any changes to your use of the Logos that are requested by RDA.
- Your download and use of the Logos is subject to the RDA Site Terms
- Business partners or organizational partners who have agreements with RDA must comply with the terms of their agreement in addition to this policy.
RDA logotype and event logos downloads
By downloading logos below, the user agrees to the terms outlined in the RDA logo policy stated above. For alternate or additional file formats or logo variations, please contact RDA at email@example.com or 507-216-9882.
Logo Usage Dispute Process
Should you find the need to dispute the RDA’s decision, please follow the Logo Usage Dispute Process outlined below:
- Contact the RDA marketing and design project manager to initiate the dispute process.
- If not resolved, the dispute will be elevated to the RDA executive director.
- If not resolved, you will be instructed to complete the “RDA Stakeholder Grievance Process” form to resolve.
For consideration, all disputes must follow the process outlined above. For information or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.