Fresh Air Fitness classes coming to downtown
Think outdoor fitness classes are a bit of a stretch? Let us set the "barre" high! Fresh Air Fitness classes presented by the Rochester Downtown Alliance and Winona State University, Rochester's Campus Activity Board brings the accessibility of the gym to the great outdoors in these fun fitness sessions.
The who, what, when, and where:
Not to restate the obvious: Fresh Air Fitness are free outdoor fitness classes. Every Tuesday class will include barre—exercises featuring elements of ballet, Pilates, and yoga—with Anna from Pure Barre. On Thursdays, classes will be led by Heather from Yoga Tribe. Get out to enjoy nature with these one-hour fitness classes at 5:15 p.m. in Central Park. While out in the open, the classes must be signed up for and not open to walk-ups. See below for details on how to get registered! Fresh Air Fitness classes are approachable for all ages, genders, and skill levels.
What to expect:
Get warmed up for Fresh Air Fitness with what to expect from these classes! Come changed and ready to rock your body: there are no dressing rooms onsite. Check-in at Central Park will begin at 4:45 p.m. (important reminder: the class starts promptly at 5:15 p.m., so arrive on time so as not to miss one moment of the workout momentum!) If weather puts a damper on hosting these sessions, we will communicate with you through the email used at sign up and on social media (i.e. our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
What to bring:
Other than yourself (working out would be quite difficult without your body!), our instructors recommend bringing a mat for both a yoga and barre session. And, of course, water!
How to sign up:
- Tuesday classes featuring barre: Sign up here
- Thursday sessions featuring yoga: RSVP here
- RSVPs will be required for a fitness class at least two hours in advance.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be present.
- Masking will be encouraged.
- Anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (including fever, cough, or difficulty breathing) is asked to stay home and follow the state of Minnesota’s Get Tested process. We also ask participants to cancel their reservation in a timely manner.
- The Rochester Downtown Alliance is following state of Minnesota guidelines for outdoor recreation.