Rochester Downtown Alliance
The mission of the Rochester Downtown Alliance is: “To create, enhance, and promote a downtown experience that is welcoming, fun, and livable.”
The Rochester Downtown Alliance is a Minnesota nonprofit corporation comprised of a broad range of people—representing property owners, business leaders, the city and others with a direct stake in enhanced business and economic development conditions in the Downtown district (click for special service district boundaries map).
We work together to build a vibrant Downtown community. We believe a strong core positively impacts the greater city of Rochester. Through a series of special events, activities and initiatives, we create energy, excitement, and a unique character to Downtown Rochester, Minnesota.
Our main portfolio of events includes SocialICE - Rochester, MN's Ice Bar, Thursdays Downtown Summer Market & Music Festival, Dogs Downtown, Fall Fest, and more. Rochester Downtown Alliance also collaborates with a number of partners on a variety of events and activities throughout the year.
Click here to view the RDA 2020 Annual Report
Rochester Downtown Alliance was formed in February 2005 as a public/private partnership after a year-long study by the Downtown Planning Task Force known as PUMA. The concluding remarks of the study confirmed: “A vital downtown is needed for a vital Rochester!”
Rochester Downtown Alliance is funded by a portion of property taxes paid by commercial property owners located in the downtown service district. The special service district is comprised of 44 blocks.
- We're the Downtown Experts - Downtown Rochester is our focus. Everything we do, we have Downtown in mind, constantly providing events, programs, and service that meet our vision.
- Build it Together - Create and maintain an environment where we are better off collectively than we are individually.
- Strive for Excellence - We are dedicated to excellence. Our quest embraces creativity, innovation, and hard work. We pride ourselves on being accessible and approachable to everyone. Our #1 priority is the quality of our events, programs, and services.
- Be Passionate - We bring passion and a positive attitude to all that we do.
- Have Fun - We have fun with everything that we do.