#MyDowntownRochMN with Logan and Declan
In our last #MyDowntownRochMN we had the opportunity to learn from Rashid and how he uses the skyways and subways to avoid the cold winters. This week we are getting to hear from one of Downtown Rochester's youngest and his Dad on the family friendly scene Downtown has to offer. They share their favorite eats, treats, and more!
Samantha: Hello Logan and Declan, thanks for taking the time to meet with me today to let me in your Downtown favorites. Let’s get started, Logan do you want to kick us off?
Logan: Sure! I just turned 30 and I love Downtown, so much so that I have been working Downtown for a little over 11 years. I currently work as a Bartender at the Half Barrel. I really enjoy meeting new people and Rochester has no shortage. You see people here from all walks of life and you never know what they’re going through, but generally, they’re in a good mood and it’s great to help make people’s day a little bit better.
Samantha: That’s so true and you never know how much just a little chit-chat can really make a different in that person's day. Now let’s hear from you, Declan.
Declan: I’m 5 and I currently live in Rochester, but we will soon be moving to another house in Rochester! I’m in preschool and I enjoy coming to Downtown to get a balloon from the Farmers Market, a hot steamer from Café Steam, and of course getting a Shirley Temple from my favorite bartender at the Half Barrel.
Samantha: Wow you seem to make your way around Downtown. Is there anything that the two of you like to do together?
Logan: We just like to hang out, it could be anything from walking the skyways to the Rochester Art Center, playing in the fountain on the Peace Plaza, or grabbing a bite to eat at a variety of restaurants.
Samantha: Can you tell me more about the restaurants you like to visit?
Declan: I love the pepperoni pizza at the Half Barrel and the treats at Chocolaterie Stam!
Logan: There are so many great options, but I really enjoy the jerky at Mango Thai, burgers at Bleu Duck Kitchen, and the flank steak salad at The Loop. Victoria’s and The Redwood Room have some great options as well.
Samantha: Sounds like you have your full meal planned from start to finish! Any other things that bring you Downtown?
Logan: We come down for almost all of the Rochester Downtown Alliance events, especially the family friendly events; it gives us an opportunity to quality spend time together. I also love SocialICE, it really helps bring people out of the cabin fever season!
Want to learn more about family-friendly events happening Downtown? Click here.
Samantha: Oh yes and SocialICE is right around the corner! Anything else you would like to share?
Logan: I just have to give a shout-out to all the great people that work Downtown. Brian Nehring, Mike, and Zach from the Tap House, Andrew Ferguson from Bitter & Pour, Jacob Garvey, Chris Fierst, and Darren Tieder from the Half Barrel, and Charles Morris from The Loop. They make a huge difference in the experience I have when I visit Downtown.
Samantha: That is so true! Thank you both for sharing your Downtown experiences with me.
Want more #MyDowntownRochMN stories? Check out the links below.
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Rashid Fehmi
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Misun Bormann
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Tim Hawkins
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Amita Patel
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Lisha Leonard
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Craig Jacobson
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Danae Gaio
- #MyDowntownRochMN with John and Sandy MacLaughlin
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Ahmed Makkawy
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Shane Braatz
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Amanda Golden
- #MyDowntownRochMN with Nicki de Vera
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring International Spice
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring the Mayo Civic Center
- #MyDowntownRochMN featruring Tangerine
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring The Rochester Trolley & Tour Company
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring Pasquale's Neighborhood Pizzeria
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring the parks of Downtown Rochester
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring Blue Sky Dental
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring Think Bank
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring Knight's Chamber
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring the First Avenue Food Court
- #MyDowntownRochMN featuring Canvas & Chardonnay
Disclaimer: the views, comments, and opinions located within this blog are those of the community individual, not those of the Rochester Downtown Alliance (RDA).