9 Things to Do Other Than Thursdays Downtown for July 4th
Posted on June 28,2019
With Thursdays Downtown on a one-week break in celebration of the Fourth of July, holiday plans may have you wondering what to do with a free Thursday. No need to worry: We have you covered with the following list of nine other fun things to do in downtown Rochester July 4! (By the way, the next Thursdays Downtown market date is July 11!)
- Explore works on the Artwalk: Sculptures? Absolutely! Murals? You bet! Architecture? Sure thing! Painted Geese? Oddly enough, yes! An outing in downtown Rochester lets you experience more than 45 works of art along the Artwalk!
- Take in an exhibit at the Rochester Art Center: If indoor art is more your style, the Rochester Art Center shows multiple exhibits, making it easy for you to find one that interests you!
- Tap your toes to live music at Legends Bar & Grill or belt out your best song during karaoke at Big Brad’s on Broadway!
- Stroll through downtown Rochester’s many parks: Planning an outdoor day is a walk in the park, literally! Downtown Rochester is graced with many beautiful green spaces to discover.
- Sightsee downtown Rochester on a trolley: Hop aboard a Rochester Trolley and Tour Company's classic trolley (five are named after Mayo Clinic and St. Mary's Hospital founders) and get the grand tour of downtown Rochester!
- Pedal your way to downtown Rochester fun: Whether you're setting out on the trails or simply getting from point A to point B, the Rochester Bike Share Program allows you to check out a bike for free at two convenient downtown Rochester locations—the Rochester Public Library and Peace Plaza!
- Transport to the past by taking a historical tour: There's no time like the present to step back in time with a tour of the Heritage House Victorian Museum in downtown Rochester! Built in 1875, the house-turned-museum sets the stage for period life of the 1800s.
- Shop ‘til you drop: Downtown Rochester is the prime location for stores within mere steps of each other! What treasures will you find on your spending expedition?
- Satisfy your hunger with a delicious meal and refreshing beverage: After doing some (or all) of the above, refuel with sustenance from a downtown Rochester restaurant!
Want to be in-the-know of other downtown Rochester events and activities? Subscribe to our weekly enewsletter!
Tags: Entertainment | Events | Thursdays Downtown