View All Blog Posts
5 Ways to Help Your Business through COVID-19
COVID-19 is an unprecedented time that has created a new way of doing business. To provide the most up to date information about your business, the Rochester Downtown Alliance staff has put together five ways to help your business through COVID-19.
1. Update your information
If you’ve adjusted your business operations during this time by changing hours, temporarily closing, or changing the types of products and services you offer be sure to update this information on all your online channels.
- Website – if you have a website, make sure the hours, services, and links to all your social media and/or online ordering platforms are updated.
- Google Business Profile – click here for a short video on how to update your business description, adjust hours, add managers, or mark yourself as temporarily closed. Also be sure to update or add attributes in your Google profile to tell customers if you are offering take-out or delivery.
- Facebook – pin important posts to the top of your Facebook Page for quick viewing like cleaning measures you’re taking to keep customers safe or take-out, delivery, or online ordering options you're offering.
2. Stay in contact with customers
In order to be responsive and transparent with customers during this time, prepare your business for incoming questions or requests. Consider drafting automatic replies for your business emails or social media with information you expect your customers will be looking for.
3. Prepare your frequently asked questions
Customers may have questions about rescheduling appointments, how to purchase gift cards, if you’re offering specialty services, partnering with another business, etc. Consider creating a blog post, social media post, or link to a document on your website of frequently asked questions.
4. Know your resources
We at the Rochester Downtown Alliance are serving the community by being an outlet for factual, helpful information for both businesses and the community in general. Find the most up to date information on these pages:
5. Use RDA as a resource
Lastly, reach out to the Rochester Downtown Alliance staff by contacting our main number 507-216-9882 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. We are here to help and may be able to point you in the right direction for information you need.