View All Press Releases
Thursdays on First & 3rd By The Numbers
Release Date: June 5, 2018
Media Contact: Bill Fay
Rochester Downtown Alliance
Office: (507) 216-9882
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2018 Thursdays on First & 3rd Begins Thursday, June 7
Thursdays on First & 3rd happens every Thursday, 11:00am-8:30pm from June 7 – August 30
ROCHESTER, Minn.---June 5, 2018---Thursdays on First & 3rd Summer Market and Music Festival presented by the Rochester Downtown Alliance (RDA), will begin this Thursday, June 7. What might not be as known is some of the numbers.
- 115 vendors participate in the event each week
- There are more than 165 vendors who will be a part of the event over the course of the summer
- An average of 18,000 people attend each week
- There will be more than 123 event hours of Thursdays on First & 3rd in 2018
- 52 performers will provide Evening Entertainment (in partnership with Riverside Concerts)
- 26 performers will provide Lunchtime Entertainment
- 92% felt more connected to the Rochester Community after attending Thursdays on First & 3rd in 2017
- 80% of attendees were introduced to a new product, service and/or type of music in 2017
- Estimated economic impact of Thursdays on First & 3rd was more than $7.5 million in 2017
- More than 75,000 branded were cups used over the 13 weeks (that's more than 5,700 a week)
For everything Thursdays on First & 3rd, visit our event website at DowntownRochesterMN.com/tof and follow us on Facebook.
About the Rochester Downtown Alliance
The Rochester Downtown Alliance is a nonprofit corporation comprised of a broad range of people representing property owners, business leaders, the city and others with a direct stake in enhanced business and economic development conditions in the downtown district. We work together to build a vibrant downtown community. We believe a strong core positively impacts the greater city of Rochester. Through a series of special events, activities, and initiatives, we create energy, excitement, and a unique character to Downtown Rochester, Minnesota.